Tuesday 27 May 2014

RobVikVik - May

Well another month is almost over and that means another challenge completed with my stamping mates Robyn and Vikki W.  This time around I got to choose the layout, Vikki W suggested we use a stamp from our stash that we rarely use and Robyn chose the colour scheme.  It took me a while to get around to tackling our May challenge and then my card went in a totally different direction to what I had planned.  The rose stamp I used is one of the earliest stamps I purchased, as too is the button and heart stamp which I must confess I have never used before this!  The sentiment stamp I have had for a little while now but I have never used it before either.  I chose the sentiment as I thought it matched perfectly with the little heart and I must say in hindsight I am glad it is what I went with as today I learnt that a former colleague of mine who is terminally ill with cancer is not doing so good at the moment; therefore this card is going in the mail to her tomorrow...she is a lovely lady whose friendship has certainly touched my heart! 
 
 



4 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn Oliver said...

WOW Vikki - your RobVikVik card is gorgeous - love the way you've used the colours. Sorry to read about your friend I'm sure she will love the card...Huga

Vikki said...

Your card looks great Vik and to think you used a couple of stamps for the very first time is great! I'm sorry to hear about your friend...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card!!!! And thanks for stopping by my blog! : )